I thought about including two activities related to a different kind of date and a special app in phones ( Thanks to Film English and Kieran Donaghy for sharing)
How do you normally meet a romantic date?
Which is the perfect way to meet a date for the first time?
What is your idea of a perfect date? and a nightmare date?
You are going to watch a short video about a woman, Ava, who goes speed-dating.
Do you know what speed-dating is?
Have you or anyone you know been speed-dating?
Would you consider going speed-dating?
What are the advantages of speed-dating?
Watch the video and answer the questions
1. What does Ava decide to wear?
2. How does she feel when she arrives at the bar?
3. What are the three rules of speed-dating?
4. What is wrong with each of Ava’s dates? Give as much detail as possible.
5. Is the ending happy?
Meghan Artes Speed dating
What questions would you ask in a first date?
What kind of "apps" do you have in your phone? What do you use them for?
Do you know the app "Tinder"? (it is a location-based app that helps people to contact other people who they may be interested in romantically)
You are going to watch a short film about a man who uses a love app similar to Tinder.
Write 10 sentences to describe the different scenes that you see
1. Is it possible to find love anywhere nowadays thanks to your smartphone?
2. Do apps such as Tinder make finding a romantic partner less romantic?3. Would you use an app like Tinder?